We’re still looking for someone really special to join our hosting team
Hub Operational Host Job Description
The Hub is more than a shared workspace, it’s a membership organisation, a home for people engaged in change to meet, work, share and collaborate. Combining the services of a friendly shared office space, with the networking opportunities of an active and engaged member base, the Hub helps social enterprises, business start-ups and freelancers to realise their vision and develop their projects in a supportive and inspiring environment.
Now a global community with 28 Hubs across five continents, the Hub Islington is where it all began six years ago.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and exceptionally organised person to help manage and host the Hub Islington, with a focus on operations and facilities. The successful candidate will need to be a superb multi-tasker, able to juggle the multiple and varying demands of the role while keeping their calm and a smile on their face. It helps to have a sense of humour in this role, and a happy willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ where necessary, to ensure the smooth running of this inspiring workspace.
Joining the Hub at this time offers a unique opportunity to play a key part in running, shaping and growing the first ever Hub at a time of great expansion of the network, both in London and on a global level. We are therefore looking for someone who is not only a process/operations ninja but someone who can show entrepreneurial flair and bags of initiative, to help develop and grow the business.
- A passion for social enterprise and knowledge of the sector
- Natural organiser, with experience establishing and improving administrative systems and business operations
- Finance management experience and familiarity with bookkeeping systems
- Entrepreneurial attitude (and ideally experience of setting up / running own business
- Experience managing suppliers and contractors
- Practical approach to problem-solving, calm in a crisis and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, and the ability to develop an instant rapport with a broad range of people
- Self-motivated and confident, and an ability to learn quickly and get stuck in from day one
- Fundraising experience and knowledge of investment opportunities for social enterprises
- High level contacts within the field of social innovation
- Facilities/office management
- Marketing knowledge/experience
- Operations and team management: ensuring efficiency and consistency within the team and in delivery of services
- Attraction and business development: initiating and negotiating partnerships which drive revenue and raise the profile of the Hub
- Financial management: budgeting and reporting, cash flow, payroll and bookkeeping; debt collection (or supervison of debt collection via third party); invoicing and responding to member enquiries, tariff changes etc.; liaising with FD/accountant to ensure prompt completion of company secretarial responsibilities
- Space/facilities management: ensuring the space is always fit for use, attractive, tidy, well signed and appropriately stocked; leading on an ongoing process of co-design to refresh the space/furniture, including developing external partnerships (with design schools, artists etc.) and consulting members to ensure the Hub remains a truly innovative workspace; managing relationships with suppliers and legal contracting; ensuring building security, upkeep and maintenance; health and safety, including risk assessments; first point of contact for technical issues/queries in Hub Islington
- Community hosting: responding to, and acting on, member needs, concerns and aspirations; enabling member networking through recommendations, introductions, setting up clubs etc.; helping to develop services that support incubation of members businesses and social enterprises, e.g. through setting up a peer-mentoring scheme, improving access to shared resources and information
Hours: 8.30am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: £20k with prospect for salary review depending on performance and the development of the business
Location: The Hub Islington, 5 Torrens Street, London, EC1V 1NQ
How to apply:
Write a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the requirements of the key responsibilities and person specification. Send this along with a copy of your CV to [email protected] by 6pm Tuesday 3rd January or speak to Anna on 020 78418900.