Sexy ideas – How to improve your day in 1, 10 or 1440 minutes
Every Thursday lunchtime at Hub Islington we get together over sexy salad. We rustle, chop and nourish ourselves with leafy goodness for a community gathering. And use the stream of vitamins to get our brains into top form and supercharge our workday.
Today over lunch we asked each other for strategies to feel better during the workday. Wellbeing can be neglected under stressful workloads and even a small shift, deliberate break or change in habits can make a world of difference.
What makes you feel good?
If you only have 1 minute
- Take a screen break. Look out the window or into the distance. This helps reduce eye-strain, blinking keeps your eyes moist.
- Drink a pint of water. Boosts energy levels and concentration up.
- Self massage. Ease tension in your face, jaw, forehead. Also try rolling a tennis ball under your feet.
- Strum a guitar. Ted Ed Video – How playing an instrument benefits your brain – Anita Collins
- Who can i ask for help? A great question.
- Ask for a hug. Get to know your co-workers.
- Shake your body. To rid excess tensions and put a bounce back in your step.
- Read comics. For a quick pick me up – Toothpaste for dinner
- Roll on the floor. Just do it.
If you have 10 minutes
- Watch some comedy. Here are some of our favourites.
- Walk around the block. Fresh air and movement is the recipe for success.
- See our resident mindfulness guru – Andy Hicks
- Play your favourite uptempo song.
- Do a breathing meditation or visualization.
If you have 1 hour
- Read a book in the park. With an old fashioned paperback or e-reader.
- Phone family or loved ones. Make their day and reconnect.
- Have a no-work lunch with a friend.
- Explore your local area. Exercise curiosity and step outside your regular spots.