+Acumen Human Centered Design Meetup
Human-Centered Design for Social Innovation is a seven-week course that will introduce you to the concepts of human-centered design and help you use the design process to create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions for social change.
No prior design experience necessary.
Acumen believes in the importance of incorporating the principles of human-centered design when creating solutions to problems of poverty so that low-income customers are provided with choice, not just charity.
The human-centered design process is based upon the fundamental belief that gaining a deep understanding of the needs, hopes, and aspirations of potential customers and the lives they live yields incredible inspiration for new solutions. Human-centered designers learn by doing and evolve their solutions based on real-time feedback.
This seven-week course will:
- Equip you with the process and methods of human-centered design so that you can be more intentional about facing and solving your current challenges
- Let you experiment with the power of human-centered design
- Teach you to identify patterns and opportunities for concept development
- Inspire you to approach challenges differently and experience how human-centered design can add new perspectives to your work
- Give you hands-on experience speaking to, prototyping for, and testing solutions with potential users.
There are no in-person teachers or facilitators for this course. You will work through the course with a group of 2-6 people we will refer to as your “design team”. It’s strongly recommended you form a team with people located in your city before starting the course BUT you must all sign-up individually by clicking the “Register Now!” button.
See other Events