The second Queer Warriors’ workshop: we’ll explore the hero’s quest, storytelling and empathy. And don’t worry if you didn’t make the first one as each workshop is standalone. Sign up here!
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, queer, straight, trans, cis, intersex, questioning, genderqueer, non-binary, curious and beyond: this workshop is for people of all genders and sexualities. Everyone is welcome.
A Queer Warriors’ workshop aims to creatively empower the LGBT+ community and its allies with communication and engagement skills.
The workshop involves:
- Exploring the hero’s quest as an archetypal story structure.
- Crafting and tell our own three minute stories based on personal or fictional events.
- Investigating how empathy forms a core component of storytelling.
- Forming a supportive group within which we can explore our own identities.
It is aimed at:
- Members of the LGBT+ community seeking empowerment and LGBT+ allies
- Those working in multiple sectors including campaigning, activism and education
- Artists, storytellers, writers, theatre makers, creatives
There will be half an hour at the end for chatting, drinks and nibbles.
This is the second workshop in a series of three. The final one will focus on building community and going beyond the hero’s quest as a story structure (Tuesday 23rd May). Each event is standalone. For more information on the original Queer Warriors’ workshop you can read Rob’s blog post.
Access: The building has disability access and gender neutral toilets.
This event is free for Hub members – just use the discount code QWHUBTICKET when you sign up.Back to all Events